From: shankar@research.att.com [mailto:shankar@research.att.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 8:21 AM
To: stds-80220-ch-models@ieee.org
Subject: stds-80220-ch-models: Traffic modeling sub-group: Call for
interested parties

Greetings,

To start off the discussion on traffic models,
let me ask for interested parties to please
send a short message to me (shankar@research.att.com)
or to this std-80220-ch-models e-mail reflector
(you will need to first subscribe by going to ..
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/20/eSubscribe.htm#Archive_Access
There is also an e-mail archive on the above
site. The first message in the e-mail archive
from Mark Klerer titled "Archive Setup and
Contribution Allocation" identifies the
contributions to date that have some relevant content
on traffic models. Our discussions will take
that into account. So please take a look.

I would also like people to point out other
relevant documents e.g. 3G standards, 802 standards,
papers addressing the topic of standard traffic models.
I believe that there is little work in the
area of standard traffic models compared to, say,
standard channel models. It would be good to
find all the existing prior work.

I believe that the objective of this
subgroup is to produce a traffic model document
which specifies statistical models for
different user traffic types
(e.g. Web, FTP, email, VoIP etc.) that are
relevant to mobile broadband wireless systems.
These models will typically be used in
computer simulations.

- N. K. Shankar
  Editor, 802.20 Traffic Model Subgroup