From: shankar@research.att.com [mailto:shankar@research.att.com]
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 6:26 PM
To: stds-80220-ch-models@ieee.org
Subject: stds-80220-ch-models: Traffic Models Conference Call: Details and
Agenda

To: Traffic Model Subgroup
From: Editor

We have a conference call scheduled for August 7.
The call-in details are:

Date: Aug 7 2003 (Thursday)
Time: 12:00 AM to 1:30 PM US Eastern Daylight Time
      (4:00 PM to 5:30 PM GMT/UTC)
Dial-in Number(s): +1 (734) 414-0269
Participant Code: 279728
Thanks to AT&T for providing the teleconference bridge.

Agenda:
1) Scope of Traffic Models Group
2) Usage Scenarios
3) List of Traffic Types
4) General modeling approach:
   - uplink/asymmetry modeling
   - modeling of aggregate users
     to serve as background load
   - No (?) TCP or IP packet sizes
5) Web-browsing traffic model
6) Traffic models for other applications (time permitting)

Items 1,2,3 were discussed in the July meeting.
Please see:
a) C802.20-03/66 - Traffic Models draft document
b) C802.20-03/73 - Traffic Models discussion July 23
c) Attached ppt - Informal Traffic Models discussion
   July 24. (See in "Notes" view. There are comments
   and results of "show of hands" informal polling
   about traffic models approach and usage scenarios)

We already seem to have consensus and there are
no objections. We will discuss this again in
the call, and freeze items 1,2,3 so that we do
not have to re-open this issue.

There already is a consensus trend re. how we
are likely to proceed. There are illustrative
traffic models in the draft document.
In item 4, we want to capture any views that
are contradictory to the general trend. If there aren't
any, the later discussions will be
about details of each traffic type.

- N. K. Shankar
  Editor

This mail passed through mail.alvarion.com

********
viruses.
********
This mail was sent via mail.alvarion.com