stds-80220-eval-criteria: ECCG conference call, Tuesday January 27, 12-2pm EST

Tuesday January 27, 12-2pm EST
Bridge Number: +1-800-450-3848 or 630-979-6500
Conference Code: 180220

AGENDA:
- Simulation of various channel bandwidths

Currently we have 2 options on the Table:

Option A:
=========
Specify a small number (preferably single) of preferred channel bandwidths for simulation purposes. The simulations for the preferred bandwidth would then be mandatory for each of the proposals even if the proposal's major focus is some other channel bandwidth. However, people will be free to simulate outside and beyond the preferred (e.g. full set of channel bandwidths) channel bandwidth. For example, if 5MHz is specified as the preferred channel bandwidth, then proposals with focus of 1.25, 10 or 20MHz bandwidth would be forced to simulate the 5MHz bandwidth.

Option B:
=========
Specify a small number (preferably single) of spectrum allocations (over which the results are quoted). The individual technology proposals may then split the total spectrum into a given number of carriers  w/ reuse of 1 or greater than 1 (if needed by the technology). For example, if 15MHz is specified as the preferred spectrum allocation, then individual technology proposals can perform simulation for one of the channel bandwidths (e.g. 1.25, 5, 10 or 20 MHz) and then scale the simulation output data to 15MHz  bandwidth. For bandwidths smaller than 15MHz, it would also be possible to simulate multiple carriers per sector or allow reuse of >1. For example, three 5 MHz carriers can be simulated and data collected from all the three carriers.

Note that with each of the 2 options above, we also need to make sure that the proposed technologies meet a predefined spectral mask. I think we can keep this issue separate, at least for the time being, from the preferred channel bandwidth / spectrum allocation discussion.

Regards,
=Farooq=