RE: stds-80220-requirements: Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 08:31:24 -0500

All,

I fully support Reza's suggestions. In addition, I would also like to suggest that graphical content - such as tables, block diagrams, etc. - be put in file attachments. These graphical files should be provided in the native file format of the application in which they were created.

Dan
-----Original Message-----
From: Reza Arefi [mailto:reza.arefi@ieee.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 12:27 PM
To: stds-80220-requirements@ieee.org
Subject: FW: stds-80220-requirements: Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 08:31:24 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Reza Arefi [mailto:reza.arefi@ieee.org]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 1:19 PM
To: 'Mcginniss, Dave S [GMG]'; 'stds-80220-requirements@ieee.org'

Dear Dave and all,
I have a few suggestions that, I believe, would make the editor's life easier and the interaction much more efficient.

1- All contributors submit their material in plain text, not in formatted Word documents. This would involve copy/paste work for the editor, which is much easier than fixing formatting inconsistencies in Word.
2- Editor provide a .pdf file of the latest revision with line numbers restarting on each page.
3- Contributors refer to Section number, Page number, and Line number, in this order, and give clear instructions as to what they want to be done to the text.
4- Let's follow IEEE's Style Manual directions for giving instructions to the editor. I quote from the manual:
QUOTE

The editing instructions are shown in bold italic. Four editing instructions are used: change, delete, insert, and replace. Change is used to make small corrections in existing text or tables. The editing instruction specifies the location of the change and describes what is being changed by using strikethrough (to remove old material) and underscore (to add new material). Delete removes existing material. Insert adds new material without disturbing the existing material. Insertions may require renumbering. If so, renumbering instructions are given in the editing instruction. Replace is used to make large changes in existing text, subclauses, tables, or figures by removing existing material and replacing it with new material. Editorial notes will not be carried over into future editions because the changes will be incorporated into the base standard.

UNQUOTE

Regards,
Reza Arefi