Re: stds-80220-requirements: 802.20 Requirements v5 - C802.20-03-6921

Hi Joseph,

I have a couple comments on this. The term sustained spectral
efficiency was first used in the PAR and is defined in the
appendix. The intent I believe was to capture the need to provide
high network capacity. I think at the requirements level this is
captured well in the document.

I agree with you that evaluating spectral efficiency is
dependent on many different factors. This is more or less
captured in the current evaluation criteria document
that talks about the need for the group to agree to or at least
present system parameters when evaluating spectral efficiency.
In particluar the evaluation criteria talks about measuring
spectral efficiency across load/coverage operating points.

Given this, I think we are in fairly good position with the text
in the current document.

Mike

Michael Youssefmir
ArrayComm, Inc