From: Robert D. Love [mailto:rdlove@nc.rr.com]
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 12:05 PM
To: 802-20 IEEE requirements list
Subject: Re: stds-80220-requirements: Antenna Diversity Requirement, 4.1.1 2

Joseph, while a 2x2 antenna configuration with Alamouti coding may be a good design point, we would want to avoid that type of specification unless it could be reasonably shown that this was the only antenna configuration that could lead to a useful solution set.

Generally, we must all be on our guard to specify requirements that are as independent of implementations as possible.  Let's try to stick with the application requirements and then test our proposed solutions against these requirements.

Best regards,

Robert D. Love
President, LAN Connect Consultants
7105 Leveret Circle     Raleigh, NC 27615