From: Joanne Wilson [mailto:joanne@arraycomm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 9:57 AM
To: David Trinkwon; Gal, Dan (Dan); 'Michael Youssefmir'
Cc: 'Fujio Watanabe'; Klerer Mark; 'Wallace, Stewart J'; stds-80220-requirements@ieee.org; Bharatula, Ganesh
Subject: RE: stds-80220-requirements: comments on rev5 - Channel bandwidth resolution

All,

I agree with David that "existing bands" can include those he mentions below.  This argues for the
kind of 1.25 MHz granularity that had been proposed by Mike and others.  Of course, 802.20 systems
would be deployable whereever a service provider has sufficient spectrum and the regulatory authority
permits its deployment -- whether the service provider, the bands, and/or the infrastructure is "new" or "existing".
A key point raised in this discussion is how to strike the balance in granularity between providing enough
flexibility to allow 802.20 to be deployable in a variety of channel bandwidths while not dictating apriori a
particular technology or sub-channel structure.

Best regards,

Joanne