Re: stds-80220-requirements: suggestion to modify section 4.2.3 in 802.20 requirements Rev 8b

Hi Anna,

My feeling is that the group spent considerable time in discussing
the text for this section before deciding on the text:

"The system should support a delay spread of at least 5 micro-seconds."

By adding the 90% link reliability, I understand that you are attempting
to strengthen this requirement. However, I am afraid that specifying the
link reliability by itself is difficult because it naturally depends
on the channels models employed and we are not specifying these in the
requirements document.  At a high level 5 micro-seconds is enough of
an indication to the evaluation group and they will fill in the details
of how well proposals should stack up statistically against this
requirement and what statistical channel model to use. So I propose
that we leave this section as is and not reopen the subject unless we
absolutely must.

Mike