From: Jin-Weon Chang [mailto:jwchang1@samsung.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 4:16 AM
To: stds-80220-requirements@ieee.org
Subject: stds-80220-requirements: 4.1.9 Latency- ARQ loop delay

Dear colleagues,

In the section 4.1.8 Latency "ARQ loop delay" is required to be less than 10ms.
If I understand the ARQ loop delay correctly, it includes
- TX time of a physical frame,
- Propagation time over the air,
- RX time of a physical frame,
- Processing time for acknowledgement,
- TX time of a ACK/NACK frame,
- Propagation time over the air, and
- RX time of an ACK/NACK frame.
ARQ loop delay includes 4 times of physical frame
if we assume ACK/NACK information is transffered in a physical frame.
Limiting the delay within 10ms results in limiting the size of a physical frame
less than 2.5ms.
This requirement will highly restrict physical design of MBWA.
I think the size of a physical frame should be determined
considering not only delay factor but also many other factors.

Thus I would like to propose that 10ms requirement in ARQ loop delay be removed.

Best regards,
Jin

This mail passed through mail.alvarion.com

This mail was sent via mail.alvarion.com