From: Michael Youssefmir [mailto:mike@arraycomm.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 11:10 AM
To: Rausch, Walter F [GMG]
Cc: ! Stds-80220-Requirements (E-mail); Michael Youssefmir
Subject: Re: stds-80220-requirements: 802.20 Requirements: 4.1.11
Antenna Diversity

Hi Walter,

I now undertsand what your preface "At a minimum" means. Essentially
you are mandating receive diversity. So I think we are back to square
one on this issue. As the current revision of the document shows
there is substantial disagreement in the wider group on this topic.
I don't see how your new text really resolves any of this. I will
just reiterate my opposition for any requirement that mandates the use
of diversity (specifically at the user terminal) for the reasons
stated in our previous lengthy discussion: Market needs vary for
many reasons in different places and with different market
segments, often requiring tradeoffs between performance, cost and other
factors like terminal size.  Therefore, terminals with single antennas
should be allowed.

Mike