RE: stds-80220-requirements: 802.1q/p

Dave,

> Your are right it is my view of future network architecture.

There are several different equally viable views and that is exactly the reason
why the group decided 6 months ago to stay out of network architecture. The
802.20 PHY/MAC interface can then easily be incorporated into different types
of network architectures (including VLAN) but without prematurely betting the house
on a particular network technology  and restricting the applicability of the
standard.

>I am not asking for a hard requirement despite the
> significant value added in my opinion.

I understand that. However, anything that is any type of a requirement here would
just open the pandora's box for all other types of network architecture requirements
that are equally viable in someone else's view and would only distract us from our
goal of evaluating different PHY/MAC proposals and standardizing PHY/MAC.

Branislav