RE: stds-80220-requirements: Spectral Efficiency (4.1.2)

Title: RE: stds-80220-requirements: Spectral Efficiency (4.1.2)

Hello,

Based on yesterday's discussion, I put together the following text.

In Section 4.1.2:

[the main text of this section may need to be changed but here I wanted
to focus only on the definitions.]

Definition:

(Changed)   System spectral efficiency - System spectral efficiency is defined
as the ratio of the aggregate throughput (bits/sec) to all users in the system
divided by the bandwidth of the block assignment and divided by the number of
sectors in the system.

(No Change)  Aggregate Throughput:  Aggregate throughput is defined as the total
throughput to all users in the system (user payload only).

(No longer needed) Network Wide Bandwidth:  The network wide bandwidth is the total
spectrum in use by the unique carriers deployed in the network.

Also, in Appendix A, Definitions of terms and concepts:

Block Assignment - A block assignment, which may consist of paired or unpaired
spectrum, is the block of licensed spectrum assigned to an individual operator.
It shall be assumed that the spectrum adjacent to the block assignment is
assigned to a different network operator and that at the edges of the block assignment
the appropriate out of band emission limits will apply (for example, the limits defined
in Part 24.238 for PCS).

Dr. David Shively
Cingular Wireless
5565 Glenridge Connector, Mail Stop 950