From: "YUZA Masaaki" <yuzam@mwb.biglobe.ne.jp>
To: "Requirements Reflector" <stds-80220-requirements@ieee.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 10:29 PM
Subject: stds-80220-requirements: latency:ad Hoc meeting yesterday

yuza@NEC-i

Good morning, Anna and every attendees yesterday's Requirement documents ad
Hoc meeting.

I think after the meeting, that we should how to evaluate systems which
proposed.

We discussed and agreed that error late define at MSAP interface at
Singapore.
This means error late is not increase vs propagation loss of air interface.
Which parameter is increased vs propagation loss?
It is latency.

Latency becomes very important prameter of systems for evaluate.

When we design a system, how to behave error late and latency vs propagation
loss(PL).
For exampre,

1.Very good error late characteristics vs propagation loss using powerfull
error correcting code.
2.Fast ARQ!

But each method use redundant bit for decrease information bit.

System 1, using error correcting code, behave not increase mean latency time
vs PL
when it can correct error, and latency is suddenly increase more bad PL
environment.
Other hand.
System2, using fast ARQ, mean latency increase moderate vs PL.

I don't know which latency manner is better?
Where the cross over point that mean latency time system1 over system2?

I think system keeps low mean latency time for wider PL environment.
Then, mean latency is evaluate item of system, not requirement improve
methode.

Best Regards.
Masaaki Yuza

YUZA Masaaki