stds-80220-requirements: FW: Requirements Conference call on 2/5

Title: FW: Requirements Conference call on 2/5

One more time

-----Original Message-----
From: Humbert, John J [NTK]
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 11:30 AM
To: Requirements Reflector
Subject: FW: Requirements Conference call on 2/5

Here is a 2nd attempt to get this out.

-----Original Message-----
From: Humbert, John J [NTK]
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 7:57 PM
To: Requirements Reflector
Subject: Requirements Conference call on 2/5

Just in case you were wondering if there was going to be a conference call tomorrow the answer is definitely yes. The call was originally scheduled to last for 2 hours, however, I don’t expect it to last more than 30-45 minutes.  The call is scheduled to start at 2 PM EST and the bridge number is 816-650-7809 PIN 6339864.

The reflector has been very quite (partially my fault) so I would like to use this conference call to talk about adopting the 802.16/17 comment process and software tool.  Over the last few weeks I have talked with Roger Marks and Jerry Upton about ways to improve the current commenting process for 80.20. Based on their feedback I would like to suggest to the group that we adopt the written comment process used by 802.16 and 802.17. The process used by 802.17 solves problems like our tendency to rehash the same issues multiple times, provides an organized way to let a contributor know if there comments have been accepted or rejected and when comments are rejected the tool documents the rational for rejecting the comment. Finally it does away with the inherent inequities that go along with applying the 5 day rule and it puts a definite process in place to close a section.

Gang is working on getting an 802.20 specific version of the tool on our web page, if you want to get it sooner a copy is available at http://ieee802.org/16/docs/Commentary.  The only difference between he two version is that the e-mail default value and the document titles have been changed for 802.20.

Hopefully the size of the attached instructions is small enough to make it through the reflector.