From: "Gal, Dan (Dan)" <dgal@lucent.com>
To: "'Robert D. Love'" <rdlove@ieee.org>; "Humbert, John J [NTK]"
<JHumbe01@sprintspectrum.com>; <stds-80220-requirements@ieee.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 4:47 PM
Subject: RE: stds-80220-requirements: Cancel - Requirements call

> Bob,
>
> I appreciate your good intentions, but I believe that the open issues are
fundamental and need to be discussed and agreed upon in the presence (and
hopefully the active participation) of the entire working group. I sense
that the Requirements CG has reached a dead-end and has become
dysfunctional. In the interest of moving the work forward, we need to
conduct a section-by-section review by the working group. The review should
be an intensive interactive process that would strive for consensus text
building. Such a process requires true professionalism and compromise making
and should be allowed to get as much time as it takes.

> Dan

been published many of us have made travel arrangements to be there in time
for an afternoon session.