RE: contributions for upcoming May 2004 meeting - ARID

Hi all

At the previous meeting on March, I presented one issue which
dealt with unclear handover indication between L2 and L3 and
this solution defined a new ARID (Access Router ID) into the
beacon to distinguish L2 handover from L3 handover. If different
ARID, it means subnet change, then L3 handover is performed.

The subject was as below:
Awareness of the handover to be distinguished from a L2 or L3.

I remember that chair and some guys required more general
solution to solve this problem in the 802.11 and they worried
about the newly defined value into the current 802.11 beacon,
however I am still wondering how we can solve this ambiguous
operation without 802.11 spec. extension like ARID or similar
value.

So I am open to listen some comments/views on this issue.

My major question is that
[1] Do I have to propose this solution to the 802.11 WG since
this problem is originated from the 802.11 spec. ?

or

[2] Is this 802.21 WG is right place to deat with this issue ?

Regards

- Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)
- Mobile Platform Laboratory, SAMSUNG Electronics.