RE: contributions for upcoming May 2004 meeting - ARID

Hi Daniel,

I just addressed my comment in last mail on your question referring
Stephen's comment.
I would like to ask what you exactly mean by 'agreement' from other WGs. I
am wondering if it is possible to change 802.11 or 16 message within 802.21
even if we got a sort of agreement from other WG.
The upper layer solution and element (e.g. ARID format) could be discussed
within 802.21 and release 'recommendation' document, but the way to adapt
that solution and specific message changes could not discussed within
802.21.  In ARID case, you can contribute ARID in L2 message concept to
802.21 and the operational scenarios and element format can be discussed
within 802.21 as the generic model to standardize, and 802.11 case can be
addressed as the example scenario in 802.21.
However, if you want to contribute ARID in specific 802.11 Beacon message,
you should contribute it to 802.11 WIEN SG.

now clear ?  :)

Best Regards,

Sungjin Lee
Global Standards & Research Team