From: owner-stds-802-21@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
[mailto:owner-stds-802-21@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG] On Behalf Of Cheng Hong
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 7:08 PM
To: steve.lee@SAMSUNG.COM; 'S. Daniel Park'; 'McCann, Stephen';
'stds-802-21'
Cc: ajayrajkumar@LUCENT.COM; 'Pyungsoo Kim'
Subject: RE: contributions for upcoming May 2004 meeting - ARID

Hi Sungjin and all,

I think this kind of network discovery problem is an important issue
that should be studied in .21. But regarding the proposed solution, I am
a bit curious about the use of beacons. Is it meant only for the
wireless networks with the beacon concepts? How about other networks,
e.g. 802.3, which has no beacon to use? Would .21 also address them?

My understanding of Stephen's suggestions is that the .21 may look at
the issue at a generic way, and provide a high level guideline. Then the
implementation or realization of these guidelines have be done in
individual WGs', e.g. .11, .16, etc.

Cheers

Cheng Hong