RE: contributions for upcoming May 2004 meeting - ARID

Johnston, thanks your kindly summary and it
seems to me very useful ...

I wrote my response inline...

[omitted]
> So I suggest you bring this to 802.21 as a proposal for an item of
> 'media independent handover information' that we should support and
> provide the necessary information relating to its use and semantics.

Yep, It is my assumption and I will do that in this room.

> In 802.16, I suggest steering clear of 802.16e, they are
> heavily into a comment resolution cycle and don't have room
> for new material. The 802.16 Netman SG in the medium term
> is likely to lead to a PAR that addresses optimized mobility
> procedures. I have ARID advertisments on my list of things to
> address in Netman and so we may have time to discuss
> this in the July meeting in Portland. If you are going to Shenzen for
> the 802.16 meeting in May, then you are welcome to bring it up as a
> scope item for Netman.

sounds good and I prefer July meeting at this time.

Thanks

- Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)
- Mobile Platform Laboratory, SAMSUNG Electronics.