Re: [NETMAN_SG] contributions for upcoming May 2004 meeting - ARID

Hello all,

There is one venue we can think of.

IETF DNA wg is trying to make a reliable and easy solution for
detecting L3 link change. We can find some introductory materials:
http://www.ctie.monash.edu.au/dna/DNAv6JH58.ppt
http://www.ctie.monash.edu.au/dna/DNAv6Goals59.ppt
The above materials was presented at the 58th IETF and 59th IETF.

It is obvious that AR address or Prefix is not enough to detect L3 link
change 100% correctly. So, currently, many DNA people think that
new *Link ID* concept will be the solution of the DNA wg.

Generally, I'd like to vote for the addition of a sort of L3 network
information into a L2 frame. But, I am uneasy to make new ID (ARID).
Already, we have many IDs, e.g., BSSID, ESSID, network prefix,
AR address, etc.

It is a well-known fact that 802.21 liaisons with IETF DNA
in terms of L2 hint or L2-L3 interaction. If 802.21 does a work
related with a sort of L3 network information for detecting L3 link
change, it must make the IETF DNA liaison solid more.

- Younhee Han (Samsung AIT)