From: owner-stds-802-21@listserv.ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-21@listserv.ieee.org] On Behalf Of S. Daniel Park
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2004 8:05 AM
To: ajayrajkumar@LUCENT.COM; 'Clint Chaplin'
Cc: STDS-802-21@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: RE: [802.21] contributions for upcoming May 2004 meeting - ARID

> That is exactly the point I brought up earlier regarding
> channel utilization, if under default condition layer 3
> information (e.g. ARID) is being carried in a beacon.
> On the other hand, there may be certain conditions
> under which it may be permissible (e.g. certain triggers!).

Ajay, could you explain what you mean by *channel
utilization* more detail ? I did remember you and DJ
said that at the March meeting.

> Also, on the same note, ARID would be useful only
> if it has sufficient information in it. For example, an 8 bit
> field (as suggested earlier) may not suffice. It would have
> to be a minimum of an AR IP address (32 bits for IPv4) or
> else something similar.

I guess it's a traditional trade-off, yep, we can think the lenght
of 8-bit is not sufficient, but in other side, we can feel this
length is sufficient to let STA know either L2 handover or L3.
Above all, I could not see more reserved field except 8-bit of
Capability Information in the Beacon. If I missed anything,
we can use it of course.

Thanks

- Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)
- Mobile Platform Laboratory, SAMSUNG Electronics.