RE: [802.21] contributions for upcoming May 2004 meeting - Liaison letters

I don't think there is a particular liaison letter format. You might
want to take a look at recent liaison letters that 802.16 sent off for
an example.

The LMSC rules specifically address how a WG must do liaison letters. I
think the following is what matters..

"Working Group communications

- Working Group communications with external standards bodies that are
not "Information Only" shall be copied to the SEC.
- Working Group communications with external standards bodies shall not
imply that they represent the position of IEEE or IEEE 802. They shall
be issued by the Working Group Chair and the LMSC Chair shall be
included in the distribution list.

SEC members receiving incoming liaison letters from external standards
bodies shall forward a
copy to the LMSC Chair.

Informal communications shall not imply that they are a formal position
of IEEE 802 or of the
working group."

DJ