From: Johnston, Dj [mailto:dj.johnston@intel.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 10:22 PM
To: Mike MORETON; STDS-802-21@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: RE: [802.21] Scope

Can you describe what the problem is in greater detail? The last time I looked at token ring was around 1989. I'm fuzzy on the details.

We are already in a situation of effectively ignoring certain media, as in we're not making sure that we accomodate it, so it might not work. A current examples is 802.17. Is 802.5 in the same class? Maybe.

DJ