Proposed P&P rules changes

Dear .21 members,

I received this from the EC Vice-Chair, Matt Sherman regarding the proposed P&P
rules changes. Please go through these and let me know if you have any
concerns/comments regarding the same before the start of the July Plenary meeting.

regards,
-ajay
Chair, IEEE 802.21 WG

--------

Attached you will find a zip file containing:
        1) A P&P Revision cover letter

(802.0-Compliance_with_SA_Model_P&P-Balloted_P&P_Revision_ballot.pdf)
        2) Text for the P&P revision
                        (SA_Model_compliant_LMSC_P&P_040514.doc)
        3) A mapping of text from the "old" P&P to the "new" P&P
                        (LMSC_P&P-March_2004_R0_reformat-map_040514.doc)
The scope of this P&P revision is to bring the LMSC P&P into "editorial"
conformance with the SA Model Sponsor P&P.  That is to match the format of the
SA model Sponsor P&P, but not to add or delete any "governance" content from the
current LMSC P&P. (I use the term "Governance" here is sense analogous to the
term "normative" in standardese.) This letter ballot was approved at the Friday,
March 19, 2004 EC meeting. The rationale for the changes being balloted are as
given in the attached cover letter.
The actual changes are given in the second document listed above.  The changes
are made in Word track changes mode against the SA model Sponsor P&P
(http://standards.ieee.org/board/aud/sponsmod.rtf). Normally, I would provide a
pdf of the changes rather than a word document, but I have placed embedded
comments in the file, and don't know how to maintain them in pdf format.  While
this is a set of "editorial changes" to bring our P&P into the same overall
format as the SA model P&P, the changes are very extensive, and a number of
issues for future P&P are noted.  Please review the changes closely.  I expect I
will have additional recommendations for editorial changes prior to the close of
this ballot.  Note that all embedded comments will be removed from the document
once approved, prior to formal release.  The comments are there to highlight
issues that have arisen during the reformatting process that will have to be
addressed in a future ballot as I believe them to require governance changes.
Note that a reformat map is provided in the third document listed above.  It is
a heavily commented version of the current P&P that indicates where in the "New
P&P" each section of text from the "old P&P" gets mapped.  It will help the
reader to confirm that I have neither added nor deleted anything other than
editorial content in reformatting the P&P.
Regards,
Mat
PS - Note that because of corporate firewall issues, the file has been renamed
the zip file extension to "renamed_zip".  Prior to attempting to open the zip
file you should change the file extension back to "zip".  If anyone has problems
opening the file please contact me and I will provide the contents in
uncompressed form.

 <<Compliance_with_SA_Model_P&P-Balloted_P&P_Revision_ballot.renamed_zip>>

Compliance_with_SA_Model_P&P-Balloted_P&P_Revision_ballot.renamed_zip