RE: Active and Deep Sleep [per My action item]

Title: Message
Hello Eric and all,

In our proposal responding to the 802.11 TGn call for proposals,
we describe a MIMO system (NIC) with at least two antennas.

Power-consumption in these devices is probably dominated
by the RF chain and the ADC.  These are multiplied per active
Rx antenna.

One power-saving scheme we propose is to vary the receiver
capabilities (i.e. number of enabled receive chains) based on
recent history at the device.

Just another variability to throw into your melting pot...

Best Regards,

Adrian P Stephens

Tel: +44 1223 763457 (Office, 09:00-15:00 UK)
Tel: +44 1954 204609 (Home Office, 15:00-19:00 UK)
Tel: +44 771 276 3448 (Mobile)
MSN: adrian.p.stephens@intel.com