From: Reijo Salminen [mailto:reijo.salminen@seesta.com]
Sent: 29. lokakuuta 2004 10:54
To: 'Nada Golmie'; 'stds-802-21'
Subject: RE: Next Conference Call: November 3, 2004 10am-12 noon EDT

Hello,

I'd propose to include on the agenda also discussion about the
interpretation of LMSC rules at 802.21. We have had some discussions about
this before but since the actual votings come closer it would be good to
have the procedural details absolutely clear for the group.

Mainly chapter 7.2.3.1 at http://www.ieee802.org/policies-and-procedures.pdf

And compare that with 21-04-0075-00-0000-voting_member_process.ppt in the
July meeting documents.

Is the sentence 'One duly constituted interim Working Group or task group
meeting may be substituted for the Working Group meetings at one of the
Plenary sessions' unambiguously interpreted in 802.21? Is 'may' here 'is' or
'is not'? In the slides above it is interpreted as 'is not' - is this the
intention?

Note that the membership is at the moment 100% dependent on the
participation of the initial meeting, not participation of the work after
that.

Also the chapter 7.2.4.4 bullet e) and how the situation might change due to
the harmonization of the proposals. It might be good to discuss this also.

BR, Reijo