Re: [802.21] Interface of MIH with Upper layers

Title:
I also feel the same way. If we don't  need  this SAP definition as normative,  then possibly
we don't need  the Standardization.

-Subir

Johnston, Dj wrote:
On these grounds, I would support a normative defintion.

Even if the SAP is buried in a mobile device I'm making, I might well be
sourcing things like protocol stack independently. A normative defintion
would lead to a higher liklihood of software component interoperability.

My other reason for preferring a normative defintion is slightly
philisophical.. What is the point of an informative SAP defintion? The
main point of a SAP is both to define a specific service and sometimes
to define the specifics of what information goes over the SAP for
interop purposes. If it's informative it looses both those qualities.

DJ