From: owner-stds-802-21@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG [mailto:owner-stds-802-21@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG] On Behalf Of Gupta, Vivek G
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2005 4:34 PM
To: STDS-802-21@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802.21] transport layer for MIH IS.

Mike,

We discussed the first two options during our meeting.
The other advantage of (1) is that we may be able to transfer data
through an unauthenticated port in cases of MACs which currently may not
allow say Class 1 data frames. We may be trying to solve a larger media
specific problem here. While (2) may be required for supporting media
like Ethernet(not sure how good an argument that is).
(1) definitely requires changes to other standards while in case of (2)
we may get by without any changes to media specific MACs.

Best Regards,
-Vivek