From: owner-stds-802-21@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
[mailto:owner-stds-802-21@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG] On Behalf Of Peretz Feder
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 2:48 PM
To: STDS-802-21@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802.21] Question today about upper layers

Greg:

I am of the opinion thet MIH commands lower layers to switch a link and
in
conjunction inform upper layers to take care of the IP signaling over
the new
selected link.

Example switch 3gpp2 to .11 interface and make the MIP signaling at
layer 3
perform MIP re-registartion with the new COA and old MIP address. So I
am with you.

The counter argument will be what if moblity is done at the Application
layer?
i.e. SIP mobility?

Peretz Feder