From: owner-stds-802-21@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
[mailto:owner-stds-802-21@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG] On Behalf Of ext Peretz
Feder
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 2:48 PM
To: STDS-802-21@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: Question today about upper layers

Greg:

I am of the opinion thet MIH commands lower layers to switch a link and
in conjunction inform upper layers to take care of the IP signaling over
the new selected link.

Example switch 3gpp2 to .11 interface and make the MIP signaling at
layer 3 perform MIP re-registartion with the new COA and old MIP
address. So I am with you.

The counter argument will be what if moblity is done at the Application
layer?
i.e. SIP mobility?

Peretz Feder