802.21: First Baseline Draft

Hello 802.21 Folks,

The first version of IEEE 802.21 draft specification (file
P802-21-D00-01.pdf) has been sent to the Chair and shall be posted to
the 802.21 web site shortly. (Chair may send out a separate note when
the document is actually posted on the Web site.)

This is the first baseline draft based on the joint harmonized proposal
that passed confirmation vote in last meeting at Cairns. As per IEEE
guidelines the document has been converted to Framemaker. It turned out
to be a fairly challenging exercise getting these 150 pages from Word to
Framemaker.

And I am still not done. Many formatting and other issues with Table of
Contents, Figures and References still remain and I hope you shall
condone these for now. These shall be addressed in the subsequent
revisions of the draft.

There have been mostly formatting and minor editorial changes from the
approved proposal in this version of the draft. I have inserted some
Editor's Notes and other guidelines for feedback/comments. This shall be
discussed in more detail as part of Editor's Report at the meeting next
week.

I have also briefly browsed through the submissions and contributions
for July and bulk of the comments at this time appear to be mostly
editorial in nature. These and other submissions shall be discussed at
next meeting and we do hope to address these in a timely manner.

Best Regards,
Vivek

Vivek Gupta
Intel Corporation