First draft version for Media Independent Handover Services

Hi Everyone,

The first draft specification version for Media Independent Handover
Services from 802.21 WG has been uploaded and is now available under the
"July 2005" folder, as P802-21-D00-01.pdf. In due course, it would be
placed at a more permanent place within the 802.21 web site.

Congratulations to all who actively participated in the constructive
discussions as well as contributed to various proposals that culminated in
one final harmonized proposal. A lot of work has been done in the
background to make this possible. A special thanks goes to our Editor,
Vivek Gupta, who converted the final proposal from a word document to a
Framemaker document.

Having said that, the baseline draft is still in the mode of being improved
and gaps plugged. I would hope that we would continue to constructively
contribute towards the goal of developing a good useable standard that will
facilitate us "roam" across multiple technologies.

I look forward to seeing you all (or quite a few of you) in San Francisco.

Best Regards,
-ajay

Ajay Rajkumar
Chair, IEEE 802.21 WG