RE: [802.21] MIHEP bar BOF in IETF

Peretz,

> >Hello all,
> >after discussions with the Internet AD and Ajay, we decided not to go ahead and have a
> >MIHEP bar BOF. The main reason is that there is a good understanding about MIPSHOP
> >doing the IS-related L3 work,
>
> Is this all nailed down? Do we understand what will MIPSHOP do with
> IS-related L3 work? Is it protocol work or transport work? both?

[Stefano] no, not at all, but the BOF would anyway not help with that unless you have the MIPSHOP present and, given that pretty much any session during the week has mobility WGs, it's going to be tough to get the mobility people for the BOF.

> >therefore the bar BOF would focus mainly on ES and CS, but we have not had enough

> >discussion in 802.21 about ES and CS to make the bar BOF meaningful.
> Because going into Paris the scope was only IS, correct? Per MIPSHOP
> input, no?

[Stefano] correct, but the original BOF request included ES and CS.