RE: [802.21] 802.21 Teleconference: L2 Requirements for 802.16 and 802.3

Hi Vivek and all

Please find the enclosed slides for additional information about .16g and some more.

Thanks Vivek for your initial document.

I have some comments on the Viveks preliminary draft document.

1. In 2.5 and 2.8, Primary connection id is not a data plane, it is also management connection. I think MIH message deliver over data plane is using new ethertype or L3 and transmitting through CS_SAP.

l       Basic connection: Connection that is established during SS initial ranging and used to transport delay-intolerant MAC management messages.

n        E.g., DBPC, SBC, ARQ, RES, SCAN, HO Indication, HO request/response, etc

l       Primary Connection: A connection that is established during initial SS ranging and used to transport delay-tolerant MAC management messages.

n        E.g., REG, PKM, DSX, SCAN Report, etc

2. In 3.2, C_SAP and M_SAP interfacing directly with MIH Function is confusing and not consistent with 802.16g specification. We can use C_SAP and M_SAP interfacing with NCMS and NCMS can transparently deliver primitives to the MIH function. This is what 802.16g primitives are working with NCMS. Then we need to change NCMS functionality like SME in 802.11 and make it applicable to MS.

3. In 3.5, if a MIH payload is encapsulated in 802.3 frames with new ethertype, then is it a 802.3 packet or new MIH packet with new ethertype?

BR,

-Ronny