RE: 802.21 Requirements for 3GPP-Teleconference

Vivek,

Your question is very valid. I agree, the end must justify the effort. I don’t thing that we should simply convey informational material,

Item number one, in the proposed agenda mentions requirements. The intention with this item is to actually produce requirements to be taken to the relevant 3GPP standards groups as contributions, not just informational items. In principle, we should follow a similar approach as the one taken in the 802.16/3 ad hoc group in that we should identify the areas within 3GPP that need to be amended, added, etc.

Item two to four outlines a basic plan to accomplish this end, the propose sequence is: 1) Outline basic requirements, 2) define use cases, 3) identify areas and group that will be impacted, 4) produce relevant contribution and submit accordingly. This offer needs to be an orchestrated effort. One person or company will not be enough.

Let us discuss this further during our teleconference.

And once again, thanks for the valuable input.

Ulises