RE: [802.21] 802.21 Teleconference: L2 Requirements for 802.11

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for kick starting the L2 requirement effort for 802.11. I have the following comments:

Section 1 Introduction:

Are the amendments and suggestions mentioned in this section derived from the 802.21 requirements that 802.11 should satisfy? If so, then they should be treated a derived requirements rather than suggestions.

Table 1, Event 5. I suppose what changes is the value given to certain parameter rather than the parameter itself. Please add the bold text as follows: “Link Parameter Value Change” and within the description add the bold text as follows: “Link parameter value has crossed a specified threshold“

Sections 2.8 and 2.9. In general when referring to “information elements” E.g., in 2.9 for querying/setting information elements (IE) over the air interface”  the refers to information part of a well defined protocol. However we haven’t mentioned any protocol up to this point. We did mention that and ethertype should be defined to support MIH functionality. I believe that we should explicitly mention the definition of an MIH Protocol, identified by an ethertype and that carries well defined information elements.

Thanks Vivek, and sorry for the late reply.

Ulises