Re: [802.21] Adhoc Teleconference Schedule: Higher layer requirem ents for IETF

Title:
Ajoy,
During  IETF meeting our conclusion was  to first  create the reference
model and use-case scenarios.  It was evident  that we do not have a
common understanding on what we need to do in IETF. The purpose
of tomorrow's call is to discuss this in details and decide upon a
common framework. Once we have consensus with a reference model,
finding out the requirements will be easier, IMHO.  We have captured all
the scenarios to discuss and scope it. I agree with you that we need to
discuss the information elements as well before creating the requirements.
On the other hand,  we need to understand  the IS reference model first
before  generating the requirements.

Regards,
-Subir

Singh Ajoy-ASINGH1 wrote:

Hi Subir et al,

Your scenarios are quite similar to what have been discussed earlier.  What are we trying to achieve out of next conference call?

I would suggest first let us discuss various information elements that we would like L3 protocol to carry before we can

dive into protocol requirements. The choice of protocol will heavily depend upon the type of information we want to exchange using MIH

protocol. Also, I am not sure producing all permutations and combinations of protocol

scenarios will enable us to achieve our goal.  It is unlikely that we can design a protocol that will cover all possible

scenarios that we can think of.

Regards,

Ajoy