From: Yoshihiro Ohba [mailto:yohba@tari.toshiba.com]
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 4:47 AM
To: Singh Ajoy-ASINGH1
Cc: STDS-802-21@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802.21] Adhoc Teleconference Schedule: Higher layer requirem ents for IETF

Hi Ajoy,

I agree that it is important to identify basic (or minimum) set of
information elements to be used for making handover decisions.  On the
other hand, I think it is difficult to reach an agreement something
like "only the basic set of information elements are supported by
802.21".  We should allow some extensiblity via an extended set.

Having said that, I think an IS protocol should be designed without
necessarily assuming specific information elements as much as
possible, and the submitted contribution about use-cases is written
based on such a standpoint.

Thus, I'd suggest we focus on the discussion of reference model and
use cases in the Aug 23 conference call.

Yoshihiro Ohba