RE: [802.21] Question about IEEE 802.21 PAR

I think you have to be clear about what a PAR is, and what it is not.

A PAR is basically permission to do a specific piece of work within a
standards body sanctioned by the IEEE, where "piece of work" means a
standard, a guide, or a recommended practice. In other words, a PAR is
authorization to write an IEEE standards document.

A PAR is NOT granted to facilitate or influence work in other (non-IEEE)
standards fora; therefore the 802.21 PAR is not, and never will be, a
vehicle to "develop a L3 protocol ... in IETF". The IETF has its own
analogous mechanisms for sanctioning their standards development
activities, and they don't need ours.

Working groups in 802 can, and indeed very often do, get involved in
liaison activities aimed at ensuring that the work they do (under their
PARs) is relevant, and aimed at influencing other organizations to do
complimentary pieces of work, but there is no mechanism whereby we can set
up a project, or modify an existing project, such that its scope is to get
a piece of work done elsewhere.

Regards,
Tony

Regards,