RE: [802.21] Network Controlled Handover and IS

Stefano,

> [Junghoon]
> I tend to agree about the scenario that Stefano mentioned as
> a general application of MIH.
> However, I have some concern regarding the network-initiated
> inter-technology handover.
> To support not one or two mobile terminals, overloading of
> MIH _handover_ control entity by enormous MIH events and commands...
> IMO, it would be better to let a mobile terminal have a brain
> about inter-technology handover decision.
>

> [[Stefano] ]  I surely don't disagree that there are
> challenges. however, there are at present requirements coming
> from some 3GPP operators to enable such network controlled
> handoffs, and I believe 802.21 should enable them. If one
> wants to use them or not, that's up to the manufactures and
> operators. If we do not enable the scenarios for which we
> have requirements, we risk to restrict 802.21 applicability
> to the real world.

Thank you for good information.
I did actually guess there's coming a requirement from the network operator
side.
Hopefully, it needs to be resolved.
Possibly, we can list-up some requirement in providing network-controlled
MIH handover.

Regards,
Junghoon