RE: HLSI

One of the main purpose behind these IEs is to aid in handover decision making, i.e to help the policy engine

in selecting the appropriate network and initiating handovers.

Information about availability of high level services can influence this decision making, however

a lot of these elements within HLSI as currently defined are questionable and it’s not clear if we really need them.

Also in terms of IEs we need to separate the ones which are media independent from the ones that are media dependent.

The IEs that are media independent currently include:

{ Network_Operator, List of Networks Supported, Location, Roaming_list_Availabale, Neighbor_reports_Available }

The media dependent IEs currently include:

{ Cipher_Suites, Authentication_Methods, Cost (free/not free), IP_Version, Data_Rates, QoS, Neighbor_Maps }

We could use a basic TLV format to represent these, along with a simple mechanism to query or set the values,

of different IEs, so not sure why we really need a basic schema and an extended schema and all the other baggage along with it.

Best Regards,

-Vivek