From: ext Yoshihiro Ohba [mailto:yohba@TARI.TOSHIBA.COM]
Sent: Tue 9/6/2005 11:42 AM
To: STDS-802-21@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802.21] HLSI

The currently defined Cipher Suites and Authentication Method are too
802.11 specific, and not useful information for other media.  I think
what we actually need in basic set is more generic security and qos
suites like Jesse Walker prensented a couple of meetings before (is
there updated information about Jesse's work?).  We can have
placeholder Security and QoS IEs at this moment, and continue the work
of defining their contents for a few months.

Besides that we should also discuss whether media-specific securty
parameters should be defined in basic set or extended set.  I think
they should be defined in extended set in order to avoid definition of
tons of media-specific TLVs in the 802.21 specification.

Yoshihiro Ohba