RE: [802.21] [Mipshop] Re: Architectural Considerations for Handover InformationServices (was: Re: CARD Discussion Query Discussion)

     But it does not seem to be true given the current discussion.

Ajoy-> In IETF folks are trying to help 802.21 to get the work done better.

I do not believe there is anything wrong if some folks do not agree with XML query. Honestly I do not believe XML query is  good for low power

mobile devices. Based upon our current experience folks are finding hard to cope up with SIP and SIP compression itself. It looks good on paper,

but somehow when you implement compression you may find that delay introduced by compression out performs the bandwidth saving gained from

compression. I do not believe that adding one more level of compression for XML will be better idea.

As a research topic it may look very attractive, but we have to look at today’s reality. I would like to state that in one of my discussions

I suggested that even TLV encoding can be modified to carry XML script to address some use cases where XML may be a good choice.

I am afraid we are trying to push XML without considering reality at hand.

Also, what is wrong about sharing view of 802.21 when MIPSHOP is going to define a protocol that would cater need of

802.21 itself?

Nothing wrong in sharing the view.  But do we need to  mention the straw poll result to establish our  technical reasoning?

Ajoy-> Perhaps you did not like the word straw poll.  I will make note of that.  I think enough reasoning was given to justify that

XML query complex query may not be good for low power mobile devices.