RE: [802.21] Ad-hoc Teleconferencec on Communication Model - October 18, 2005

Srini)) I need to understand you better. My question is - why would a UE
have two IS providers (MIH PoS) in the same network providing same
information?  Why would the UE receive the same CS from two different
MIH PoS? If so, which one is authentic?

>> >Also even if the above restriction is true how shall it be
>> >enforced/applied?
>> It can be done in several ways. E.g. Info in discovery
>mechanisms can
>> say what specific MIH service capabilities are on a given given MIH
>PoS.
>>
>[Vivek G Gupta]
>Sure but can you prevent UE from making multiple associations
>with multiple network side MIH PoS. If not then IMO the above
>cannot be enforced/applied.

We are not restricting in the number of MIH PoS associations from UE, it
is the capabilities on that association is what is of interest. We are
trying to avoid the duplication on that capabilities. If you think we
need it, some useful scenarios can help us understand. The enforcement
is automatic, in the sense that the MIH entities know what they are
providing.

Regards,
Srini