Re: [802.21] Ad-hoc Teleconferencec on Communication Model - October 18, 2005

Lets not forget that we have a service provider provisioning steps as part of
the UE policy and consequent decision making policy. See in line comments.

On 10/18/2005 11:00 AM, Srinivas Sreemanthula wrote:
>      Subir> Why do we want to restrict this?  Our position should be we
> don't care if two IS providers
>                  want to be in the at same place and  provide the same
> info. This will possibly depend upon
>                  their business model, pricing  etc. It is  upto the UE
> and the network operator to choose
>                  the right one and most likely it will be governed  by
> the policy .

Agree, it should be part of the UE policy as assisted (or dictated) by the
service provider that provisioned the user.

> Subir,
> I agree with you that you can have multiple IS servers, there are
> abosuletely no restrictions. You stated it youself, 'choose the right
> one' for  the UE to use, either by UE or the network.

Choose one or combine inputs as assisted/dictated by the service provisioner
policy. Lets not restrict it to "one" only if other info. is applicable, like
free service.

The key is 'one',