Re: [802.21] [Mipshop] Re: Architectural Considerations for Handover InformationServices (was: Re: CARD Discussion Query Discussion)

Hong-Yon Lach wrote:

>I think it is not just about how dynamically the information database needs
>to be updated, it is also about how dynamically the mobile terminal needs to
>consult the information and how often its environment changes due to its
>movement. I fail to envisage a system that is so deterministic that I can
>take comfort to ignore timing issues.

    I agree with you that  how often mobile needs to contact the IS is
an important considertaion.
    But  what is that frequency?  Do you envisage a system that requires
a query  ~ msec while
    performing the heterogeneous handover?

>Let's say I have a completely wrong assumption of what IS is for. Based on
>all these exchanges, I can only conclude that the IS provides a means to
>query information from a rather static database; the use may be helpful but
>is not required for the purpose of handover; it is not clear where and how
>the database obtains the information; it is not clear whether the
>information can already be obtained by existing means.

      Are we not considering the  heterogeneous environment here?
Existing systems may have such  information
      available but they cann't provide other network information.  What
we are trying to provide here is a mean such
      that  user can query the network  information  not only for the
connected network but also for other networks.
      Do you think such information is not  required/helpful for
heterogeneous handover?  The poplulation of
      database is  another area and  as far as I understand  this is out
of scope.