Re: [802.21] [Mipshop] Re: Architectural Considerations for Handover InformationServices (was: Re: CARD Discussion Query Discussion)

FROM Vivek:

Information Service is mostly about a query response type mechanism.
Not sure if policies fit that model, that's more of a push model from
server.
Also how do you define policy as an info element?
We can always leave blobs of data as info elements (vendor specific) and
they can be downloaded as and when required.

PF: good answer Vivek.  This is what I had in mind. It is just a blob of info.
that can fit multiple needs of the HO function, policy included.

But not sure if such a thing really helps in handovers.

PF: It will help, as it may tell for example the HO function to use free access
policy when such is available. The service provider could use IS for a push info
model, no?

Are there no other existing mechanisms to download such things? Not just
policies, but code updates and any other plugins, device configuration,
etc. type of information?

Not sure SW load is MIH info. per se but yes it could also fit the
query/response model.