Re: [802.21] 802.16 Requirements Teleconference

Title:
Vivek:

Just got your file if you can believe it...............

Question:

Why are we specifying a new CS extension? in 3.6?

Why not use secondary management connection that does not cross the Convergence Sublayer.

I am saying it because I know the dynamics in .16 and particularly in WiMAX profiles which will drive the product certification. Currently the forum can't even agree on having more than one CS type. Just one CS type for now, imagine? CS is a very sensitive area and we should avoid it if we can.

Besides, CS will be used for packet classification. Do we need to classify MIH and assign it a unique CID? why not stick to SMC?

Peretz Feder