From: ext Liang Chen [mailto:leo.liang.chen@GMAIL.COM]
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 02:56
To: STDS-802-21@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: [802.21] How does MIH trigger the MIP signal and switch MIP tunnel to the new network?

Dear all,

I learn from the draft that 802.21 adopts MIP in network side.
[[Stefano] ] to be sure there is no misunderstanding, let's be clear on the fact that 802.21 DOES NOT adopt MIP. 802.21 does not define mobility solutions nor identifies a specific mobility solution as the main or preferred one. 802.21 is being designed to support any IP mobility solution that can use the 802.21 services.

   But I have not seen who initiates the MIPv4 signals to HA, for example, RRQ, defined in RFC3344.  Can anyone here explain more detail for that?
[[Stefano] ] such details are and should not be in the 802.21 draft as normative text. They may appear are informative text, or may not appear at all.

Thanks!

--

Sincerely yours,