Re: [802.21] AW: [802.21] Comments on Ref. Model

Hello Kalyan and Ulises:

I have a general comment regarding the purpose of the "General MIH Reference
Model" figure (Figure 3 in Section 5.5 of the current draft):

Since Figure 3 describes the "General" model, I believe that any reference to
specific access technologies should be removed from it. Otherwise the figure
turns out to be a compact summary of the technology-specific figures that follow
in Sections 5.5.1 through 5.5.5., instead of working as a template for their
generation. In a technology-specific subsection, it would be ideal to be able to
replace the generic labels of the General Reference Model (such as "Lower
Layers") with specific names based on the specific technology being considered
in the subsection (e.g., "LLC" in the MIH Reference Model for 802.3), without
touching anything else.

The use of the General Reference Model figure as a template for the following
figures was the simple rationale for the proposal that we submitted in Reference
(2) of your exchange (actually barely mentioned in your discussion). Could you
elaborate on your reasons to reject this approach?

Thank you,

Andrea